How to talk on the telephone pic.twitter.com/HHhWPmIlTN
— Old Pics Archive (@oldpicsarchive) December 28, 2014
Add your response
How to talk on the telephone pic.twitter.com/HHhWPmIlTN
— Old Pics Archive (@oldpicsarchive) December 28, 2014
Add your response
There are 36 written responses to this assignment.
– iTunes music application
– A pair of your favorite headphones
How to use iTunes:
1. Open the iTunes music application
2. Search for “Drake.”
3. Choose one of the following songs:
– “Worst Behavior”
If you do not get results, you may have to purchase the songs from the iTunes store.
4. When you find one of the listed Drake songs, place your favorite headphones in your ear.
5. Press “Play”
6. Turn the volume up or down as desired. It is recommended that you turn the volume up as loud as possible when listening to Drake.
1. Make sure you are not bald by checking for hair.
2. Remove any hats, headbands, or other hair accessories. Also remove any large or bulky earrings as a safety precaution.
3.Obtain a brush
For short hair
4. Pick up brush and place against scalp in the center of your head. Move brush down and towards the outside of your head while applying light pressure.
5. When brush is no longer in hair, replace on scalp and repeat step 4.
6. Move to another section of the head and repeat step 4 and 5 until desired brushedness is achieved.
For med/ long hair
4. Pick up brush and place in hair about 4 inches from the end of hair.
5. Pull brush down through and out of hair. Do this for all sections of hair around your head. Repeat until untangled.
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 continuously, while moving up hair towards scalp.
Today’s daily create was to make instructions for an every day item. I decided to make instructions about eating food. I love food.
Materials: 1 – Food, 1 – Set of Hands, 1 – Fork, Spoon, and Knife (optional)
1 – See and identify the food.
2 – Decide if it looks appetizing and you want to eat it.
3 – If you want to eat it, use your hand or a fork or spoon to pick up the food.
3a – If food is too big to pick up and appears too hard to bite, then use the knife to cut small, bite sized chunks.
4 – Take Food that you picked up, and move it toward your mouth, while doing this, open mouth.
5 – Insert food in mouth, remove hand or utensil, and bite down.
6 – Chew until the food is soft enough to swallow (chew count may vary depending on food)
7- repeat until you are full or you run out of food.
1. Plug the cord into a grounded outlet.
2. Press the Power button.
3. Lift the cold water reservoir lid.
4. Pour a desired amount of water (minimum of 6 ounces and maximum of 10 ounces) into the reservoir.
5. Lift the brewer handle (The water will start to drain into the brewer when the handle is lifted).
6. Choose a mug or cup and place it on the drip tray.
7. Select a K-Cup portion pack of your choice.
8. Place the K-Cup into the assembly housing that appears when the brewer handle is lifted. (*Caution: there are
sharp needles in the assembly housing in order to puncture the K-Cup when the brewer handle is lowered)
9. Make sure all of the water has drained into the brewer (This should take approximately 5 seconds).
10. Lower the brewer handle completely.
11. Press the BREW button (It should be flashing blue).
12. The BREW button will flash red while the water is heating.
13. After two minutes approximately, it will turn solid red and the beverage will begin to dispense into your chosen
mug or cup.
14. Once the beverage is fully dispensed, lift the brewer handle and remove the empty K-Cup.
15. Press the Power button to turn the Keurig off.
16. Enjoy your beverage!
Do you not know how to wash your hair?
Have you wondered for years if you’re doing it right but always been too embarrassed to ask?
Is your hair dirty?
Have you been washing your hair wrong your entire life?
Are you suffering at work or in private relationships due to your less-than-clean hair?
Are you washing your hair wrong?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the questions above, it’s time to set things straight once and for all. Here’s a foolproof step-by-step guide to washing your hair.
1. Completely soak your hair.
Do this by entering the shower in whatever amount of clothing you feel comfortable in and turning on the water. Get your hair completely wet. Use a moderately warm water temperature so as not to burn and damage your scalp.
2. Squirt shampoo into hand and massage into scalp and hair.
Use about a quarter’s worth of shampoo (more for longer hair). Be sure to lather all of your hair.
3. Rinse hair completely.
Rinse until all of the bubbles from the shampoo are gone. (You’re at the halfway mark, don’t stop now!)
4. Squirt conditioner into hand and run it through your hair.
Again, use about a quarter’s worth, and more if your hair is naturally dry. Avoid getting too much conditioner on scalp, as this could lead to greasy roots. Instead, make sure that the conditioner reaches the middle and tips of your hair. Leave conditioner on for about one minute (about enough time to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star twice).
5. Rinse hair completely.
This time, end with a cool rinse. This will help keep your hair shiny and smooth.
Go get ’em, tiger.
How To Put Up A Stunt:
1. Start counting the infamous “5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4..”
2. Bases will place hands in front of them at belly button level.
3. Flyer will place arms on the bases shoulders.
4. On the numbers “5,6..” flyers will jump into their bases hands and push off of their shoulders.
5. Bases will move hands into the proper shoe gripping position.
6. Flyer stands up and locks knees, hits high v and smiles.
I’m a cheerleader so this is a daily thing!
Before starting, be sure that you have:
-a #2 pencil
-something to write on (preferably paper)
Instructions for a #2 pencil
1. First, you must insert the flat wooden end of the pencil into the hole of the pencil sharpener.
2. Twist the pencil repeatedly and intermittently check the pencil after each rotation until it has come to a point.
3. Once your pencil is sharpened, take the paper and place it on a sturdy surface, such as a desk or table.
4. Hold the pencil in your dominant hand with the point pointing down on top of the paper.
5. Apply pressure to the pencil and move the pencil across the paper.
6. If you feel that you have made a mistake, flip your pencil over to the opposite end.
7. Rub the eraser where the mistake has been made on the paper until the pencil marks are gone.
8. Enjoy writing or drawing with your pencil!
*If using a mechanical pencil, you do not need to use a pencil sharpener and can apply pressure to the eraser if you need more lead.
This is the correct way to eat cereal:
1)Make sure you have milk
2)Go to the pantry and look for cereal
3)Grab the cereal you want to eat
4)Go to the cabinet and grab a bowl
5)Open box of cereal and pour into your bowl
6)Pour milk into your bowl
7)Go to drawer and grab a spoon
8)Put cereal back in the pantry
8)Sit down and enjoy your cereal
If you follow these steps correctly then you would successfully have eaten a bowl of cereal! I hope these instructions help :)
There are two types of pens clickable and capped
For the capped pen –
Step 1: grab the body of your pen with your right hand.
Step 2: place left hand on the cap of the pen and gently tug.
Step 3: place pen point on paper and begin writing.
Step 4: after you’re finished writing, hold pen cap in left hand and click it back to the pen point end.
For clickable pen –
Step 1: hold fist around pen with thumb towards the clicker on the pen
Step 2: press on clicker part firmly
Step 3: put pen tip on paper and begin writing
Step 4: repeat step 1 to close pen.
1. Grab your toaster from wherever you store it.
2. Also, grab some toast, or a pop tart, or some item of food that you would like to be toasted.
3. Plug the toaster cord into an outlet
4. Place the toast/pop tart/random item into the toaster, one on each side of the toaster.
5. Set the temperture to a “toast” setting or whatever your generic toasting preference is
6. Press the lever to push down the toast and wait for it to pop up
7. When it pops up, unplug the toaster from the wall and put it away.
8. Eat your food.
How to put on earrings
Step 1: make sure you have both or one of your ears pierced
Step 2: pick out some earrings to wear.
Step 3: remove earring back from the earring
Step 4: insert earring into the piercing.
Step 5: place earring back onto the earring.
Step 6: repeat step 4 and 5 for the other ear
And voilà you’re done, you put on earrings. :)
Step 1: First choose the appropriate shoe for the weather outside.
Step 2: Take the right shoe and loosen the shoestrings and pull the tongue of the shoe up so your foot can fit in easier.
Step 3: Place your right foot in your right shoe. Make sure it’s in properly.
Step 4: Take the ends of the shoestrings and pull until the strings have tightened enough around the shoe.
Step 5: Begin to tie your shoes, start by making “bunny ears” from the two ends of the shoestrings.
Step 6: Tie one “bunny ear” around the other, underneath and pull both ears tight.
Step 7: Tie the bunny ears around each other once more and there you have, you have successfully put on and tied your shoes.
Repeat last 7 steps for the left foot and left shoe.
How To Correctly Floss Your Teeth
1. Select your dental floss of choice.
2. Open selected floss by flicking the top lip of the dispenser upward.
3. Pull a thread 8-12 inches long
4. Cut string by pulling thread towards you.
5. Secure your floss by simultaneously looping your thread around your index fingers 2-3 times leaving a space of 2 inches between them.
6. Now begin by weaving your floss between two teeth and pushing back it into the space where the gum and the tooth meet on each side of the gap.
7. Repeat this process until you have successfully flossed between each tooth.
8. Perform this routine at least three times a week.
1. Start up your computer
2. Go to Netflix.com
3. Click on Create New Account. At this point, you will have to put in your credit card information, and decide which plan you want. I would suggest unlimited streaming. It will be the greatest investment you ever make.
4. Once you have created your account, return to the Netflix.com home page, and click login.
5. Put in your new login information, and click enter.
6. You are now inside the universe that is Netflix. Spend a while scrolling through the thousands of tv shows and movies that are now at the tips of your fingers.
7. Find your favorite show, or a movie that interests you and click on it.
8. Congratulations, you are now watching Netflix.
1)Get a pan
2)Put the pan on the stove
3)Spray the pan with pam
4)Crack how ever amount of eggs into a separate bowl
5)Wisp the eggs until it is a yellow fluid with no chunks
6)Pour the juice onto the pan with pam
7)Turn on the stove onto medium power
8)Use a spatula and pull from the side of the pans until you pick up a solid floppy object
9)Keep going until it is only that object with no liquid
10)Pour the yellow object onto a plate
11)(opitonal) add salt
12)Enjoy your eggs
1) Grab a water bottle
2) Fill it with water
3) Drink the water
Step 1: Get out of bed
Step 2: Grab the sheet underneath and pull it towards the top of the bed
Step 3: Grab the sheet on top and pull it towards the top of the bed
Step 4: Smooth out any wrinkles
Step 5: grab all the pillows and place them on the top of the bed near the head board.
1) Hit snooze on alarm clock, phone alarms, etc.
2) Go back to sleep for allotted ‘snooze’ time.
3) Hit snooze again.
4) Repeat step 2.
5) Become frustrated and turn alarms off completely.
6) Go back to sleep.
7) Wake up approx. ten minutes before you need to be where you need to be for the day.
8) Put on She & Him album via YouTube or music device.
9) Become distracted by the sweetness of Zooey’s vocals.
10) Arrive approx. fifteen minutes late to wherever you need to be for the day.
11) Remember to eat at some point in the day, as this will help you wake up fully.
Opening a pop-top soda can can be difficult at times. Here are simple step-by-step instructions on how to open them:
Step 1: Walk to the fridge
Step 2: Place your hand on the fridge handle and gently pull it towards you.
Step 3: Place your hand inside the fridge and grab the soda can.
Step 4: Take soda can out of the fridge.
Step 5: Close the refrigerator door.
Step 6: Take the can with your non-dominate hand and with your dominate hand, use your thumb and index finger to lift the tab.
Step 7: Lift the tab up to a 90 degree angle then push tab back down.
You have successfully opened your soda!
1. Collect up all of your dirty dishes around the house.
2. Load them into the two racks of the dishwasher, plates and bowls usually go on the bottom, while cups and smaller items usually go on the top rack, and silverware usually goes in the little pockets on the side that have slits in them for utensils.
3. Pour some dish soap into the tray on the door of the dishwasher and close the cap.
4. Select the type of washing cycle you need and press the start button.
5. After the dishwasher is done, allow for drying time and then open the door back up.
6. Take out the clean dishes and towel dry any wet pieces.
7. Carefully put all of the dishes away in their correct spots.
When we bought a new washing machine for my dearest old dad, I made these instructions for him to follow on how to use the machine.
1. Buy new lightbulb with right wattage/size
2. Turn the light switch to “off”
3. Touch bulb to check if it’s cool enough
4. If it’s cool enough, place fingers around bulb and gently turn counterclockwise
5. Turn until bulb comes out of socket
6. Put bulb in trash (if cfl bulb recycle at local hardware store when you get the chance)
7. Get new bulb out of packaging
8. Gently place screw part in socket and turn clockwise
9. Turn until snug in socket (don’t over-turn)
10. Turn the light switch to “on”
11. Enjoy the light
Now that you have bought a beautiful new toothbrush, it’s time to put that thing to work!
Open your cabinet and locate the toothpaste.
Turn on the faucet and wet your toothbrush.
Turn off your faucet.
Put a small amount of toothpaste – the size of a pea – on your toothbrush.
Begin brushing. Please adhere to the following technique:
-Brush up and down across the front of your teeth
-Brush in small circles across the front of your teeth.
-Brush back and forth on the insides of your teeth.
-Repeat for 3 minutes.
Spit into the sink.
Rinse your mouth out with water and clean off your toothbrush.
Whether you’re a girl learning make-up for the first time, an older girl who needs a refresher, or even a guy who just wants to be in the know. Here are you directions to apply mascara.
1. Go to a local store (CVS, Riteaid, etc.) and buy your favorite mascara.
2. Open the package, and find yourself a mirror.
3. Twist the top with one hand and hold the bottom with of the container with the other hand.
4. Once the top is twisted up, pull it out until you see the tiny brush.
5. Looking in a mirror, open your eye wider then it probably is.
6. Now I start with the top lashes personally, but up to you.
7. Even apply onto lashes on top (on the underside of them).
8. Move to bottom lashes, and apply.
9. Dip brush back into container and pull out.
10. Go back to step 5 and repeat for other eye.
11. Put the brush back in container and twisted closed.
YAY! You are now on your way to being a make-up pro! Just remember sometimes, Less is more in the world of make-up.
-Get into something comfortable
-Brush your teeth
-Turn the lights off and other distractions
-Crawl into bed
-Tuck yourself in
-Close your eyes
-And begin sleeping
1. Get out a large plate and two knives.
2. Take two pieces of whole wheat bread. Take nice pieces from the middle of the loaf and place them on the plate. Save the ends of the bread for croutons or something.
3. Get the peanut butter out of the refrigerator. Hopefully someone will have already stirred up the peanut butter so the oil is not separated on the top.
4. If there is no stirred up peanut butter in the refrigerator, get a new jar from the cabinet. Use a knife or chopsticks or whatever you have to stir the peanut butter well; otherwise the top will be oily and the bottom will be very dry.
5. If you don’t like the oil running all down the sides of the jar, you can dump the peanut butter into a bowl and stir it up in there. It’s neater but now you have to wash the bowl.
6. You could also use the peanut butter like skippy or jiff that is already homogenized, but I don’t think it tastes as good and it has added stuff in it.
7. Use your knife to spread peanut butter on one slice of bread.
8. Now get the jelly out of the refrigerator. If you don’t like the kind of jelly that’s in the refrigerator, pretend you don’t see it and get a new jar of strawberry preserves or other yummy flavor from the cabinet.
9. Use a clean knife to spread jelly on the other slice of bread. Do not use the same knife that you used for the peanut butter or you will be cross-contaminating the jelly with the peanut butter.
10. Pick up the peanut butter-covered slice of bread and place it upside down on top of the jelly-covered slice of bread with the peanut butter and jelly touching.
11. Cut your sandwich in half across the diagonal.
12. Clean up your mess by putting the peanut butter and jelly back in the refrigerator and the knives in the sink. Enjoy your peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
1. Locate a chair. Make sure that nobody is already sitting in it.
2. Inspect the chair to check for damage or other hazards, such as liquid in the seat.
3. Walk towards the chair.
4. Turn your back to the chair when you are less than a foot away.
5. Carefully bend your knees and place your bum in the seat.
6. Adjust as necessary.
Nowadays, almost everyone who has a phone has a smart phone and most of those who have a smart phone have an iPhone. I do not know how to use an Android so that is why I narrowed this to an iPhone point of view. It may not seem to be very hard to us youngsters who have grown up in a world centered around technology but for the old timers, learning how to use a phone is very hard. Here are some steps for a person who is trying to learn how to text on the iPhone!
1. Press the circular button on the bottom front of the phone (or the lock button (on the top for iPhone 5 and lower, on the side for iPhone 6 & 6+). Once the display of the lock screen comes alive, go to step 2.
2. “Slide to Unlock” (literally, slide the arrow to unlock).
3. If there is a passcode, enter the passcode, but if there isn’t one, skip this step.
4. This will bring you to the home screen of the iPhone. This step could be the hardest part of the entire process. You must find the “Messages” icon (it’s green with a text bubble in the center). Click on this icon and it will bring up a screen of recent text messages.
5. In the upper right hand corner there is a square with a pencil in the middle of it, tap this (it will create a new message).
6. If you know the number of the person you are planning to text, type the number into the To: ____ area. If you do not know the number, click the circle with the + inside to go to contacts.
7. If you know the number, skip this step. Once in contacts, you must scroll down to the name of the person you want to text and click on their name…this will add them to the recipient list in your new message.
8. Now that you have your recipient(s), you must click the rectangle in the middle of the screen that says iMessage. This is where you will type the message that needs to be sent.
9. Type out the text (you can add pictures by clicking the camera) and hit the blue (or green) send button at the far right of the text rectangle.
10. YOU HAVE SENT A TEXT MESSAGE USING AN IPHONE. ☺ CONGRATULATIONS!
We have all needed to wash our clothes before. And most of us don’t need to hand wash them any more. This is all thanks to the wonderful invention of the washing machine!! But how does one operate this magical, if not time saving, machine. Well, let me tell you in just a few simple steps.
1. First you must separate your dirty clothes into certain piles. The main piles are just colors and whites. But you could take it a step further and make a separate pile for your jeans, towels, and even your delicates.
2. After you have your piles you have to set the correct specifications on the machine itself.
-When washing whites you should put the machine on a hot wash and a cold rinse
-When washing colors or jeans or towels you should put the machine on warm wash and cold rinse
-When washing delicates the machine should be set to cold wash and cold rinse
*BE ADVISED THAT ALL WASHING MACHINES ARE DIFFERENT AND MAY SUGGEST DIFFERENT SPECIFICATIONS*
3. Measure out how much detergent and fabric softener (if desired) is needed to go into the machine. Add it in and then turn on the machine to add the water.
4. Add your clothes to the machine. Close the lid and let the magic work.
It seems like everyday we rub our heads against a large mass of fluffiness, also known as pillows. Believe it or not pillows were actually designed to assist in sleeping and carry a vital role in ensuring a full REM cycle. Although there are many factors that affect the course of our nightly sleep, using a pillow is one of the most important steps to achieve a deep slumber. You may or may not understand the role of sleep in our society, but by the end of this tutorial I can assure you, the reader, that you will be one more step ahead in knowing how to rest like a real human being.
Things you will need: A pillow, your head, a blanket (optional), something to lay on, and finally, the rest of your body.
Step 1: Find a spot to lay on, preferably a comfortable one. It could be on a bed (most common choice), couch, sleeping bag, a soft carpet, an air mattress, a cot (if you’re out in the wilderness), etc.. Chances are, if you sleep on a harder surface like hardwood flooring, you will have a harder time sleeping.
Step 2: Put your pillow of choice on the spot that you scouted in the first step. It will work best if you place the pillow closer to either end of the chosen location as your body may hang off the edge of the surface of you have chosen a slightly elevated spot.
Step 3: Lay down and place your head on the pillow. Depending on who you are, you may lay your head facing straight up at the ceiling or on either one of its sides. You might change it up throughout your sleep, but that is up to you.
Step 4: Finally, close your eyes and breathe.
If you have followed these steps correctly, you will most likely be sleeping at this point of the tutorial. If you are still awake after these steps, you probably have insomnia or some other issue that may affect your sleeping. If so, you should probably see a doctor because I am not a licensed physician. If you were harmed during this process, you are liable for your own actions and I have nothing to do with your external complications.
First, if you smile nicely at peoples, they will know you are nice. Your smile will be like a sunny day, and they will be your Friend.
Second, if you are in the shadows if you are not smiling, they will not see you, and they will not see your face.
Third, if they do not see you after, then it doesn’t matter.
So always smile when they see you, and they will know in their hearts that you are nice.
Even Femme Fatales have errands to run. Here’s Victoire’s:
1. Stop at the dry cleaners: favorite red dress is dirty from last night’s bank run
2. Stop at at PNC and make a withdrawal- don’t forget purse!
3. Banks are such a bore. Make sure to stop at the bistro for lunch. They have the best coffee in town. Also the best looking buss-boy. Pretty sure he’s sweet on me. Ugh. He’s grown an attachment. How long have I been in San Diego…? Too long, apparently.
4. Make sure to stop at the grocers- out of milk.
5. Since I will have “forgotten” where I parked my car before the bank, make sure to catch a cab to the hotel.
6. Don’t forget the manuscript for, Deep Sea Deep Passions for that magazine is due today!!! Make sure to put a copy in the post before 4.
7. Make sure bag is packed. When the milk is gone, so will I. I’ve always wanted to go to Chicago…
Victoire is always on the run from and to something. No wonder she needs to make sure that she frequents the bank quite often. Financial vigilance is always a good idea!! I think Veronique wouldn’t put too much thought into her daily escapades. I mean, sure, she robs banks, but she doesn’t make a big deal out of it. It’s just a withdrawal, in any case.
How to Run those Pesky Errands
We all have them and we all have a habit of letting them build up until we just can’t wait any longer! Yes those pesky errands dry cleaning, mail a letter or box, pay a bill, grocery shopping, getting the kids their shoes, and of course I could go on and on. But before you know it you have a day full of them! I picked this topic because I do not like those errands and I am constantly trying to find a way out of them or to get them done as quickly as possible. Here are some organizational steps to make the day easier. You know when you can get your dry cleaning in by 9 am and pick it up after 5 pm and yes errands in between.
1. Plan your list of what errands you need to run by importance.
2. Organize your list by location and when the place opens and closes.
3. Make certain if you have things that you can drop off and then return and pick-up on your way back through they get placed early on the organization list. So make sure you drop the dry cleaning and medicine to the pharmacy first so that it will be ready when you come back through! I always forget to bring the dry cleaning! Or I will forget that I dropped anything off and don’t pick it up and then after I am home I remember it should have been ready and picked up.
4. Plan grocery shopping accordingly and carefully due to perishables. Always make sure this is the last stop or close to the last stop and any additional stops are quick and easy ones like run in and grab the dry cleaning or the medicines! Or you can carry a cooler for those perishables and not have to worry about it.
Winter. It sucks. So, you know, you need a winter hat on your head to keep your brains from freezing when you need to walk to the dog.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Superglue fishing line to a bowling ball
2. Stuff bowling ball inside winter hat
3. Place bowling ball/hat on the top of the stairs
4. Sit on the bottom step of the stairs, holding fishing line in hand
5. Pull on fishing line. Be sure to pull hard enough so that the ball and hat start tumbling down the stairs
6. Quickly pull fishing line a second time to dislodge the ball from the hat. Guide bowling ball around you (note: this is important)
7. Hat sails through the air, lands on head
If you set up pins on the ground near the bottom of the stairs, you may even get both a strike AND the hat on your head. Be careful that the bowling ball and the hat don’t change positions. If that happens, you might end up with the bowling ball on your head. If that happens, you won’t need to go outside on your own. The ambulance will take there and it is probably heated.
— with apologies to Rube Goldberg …