There are 6 written responses to this assignment.
Take an XL white t-shirt and print 30 QR codes on it. Each QR code should include the name and address for a K-12 school in a different country and a website address where the recipients can read about the project. Mail the t-shirt to the first school with a request that the school take a photo of the librarian wearing the t-shirt and post it to the website. The librarian signs the t-shirt and ships it off to the next school.
First, if you read this list on my blog, you can also see a picture of me wearing my NEW ds106radio T-shirt that I just got today. I look pretty cool wearing my shirt! So you should look at it.
But, if you just read my list here, then here it is:
I probably would NOT use my ds106radio T-Shirt for all of these things because it is a special shirt, but would use just a regular T-shirt.
1. A place for you to show your love for #ds106radio.
2. A place for you to show your love for #ds106.
3. A place for you to show your love for the #ds106zone.
4. A place for you to keep your scissors hidden under.
5. A thing to wear (if it is a black one) with your Ninja Suit when you are playing Window Friends.
6. A thing to wear (if it is a black one) with your Ninja Suit when you are doing Night Work.
7. A thing to wear (if it is a black one) with your Ninja Suit for any other kind of Night Missions.
8. A thing to wear under your regular clothes (if it is a black one) when you have to put on your Ninja Suit later on that night for playing Window Friends or doing Night Work or going on a Night Mission.
9. A thing to use for a towel if you have to clean up some kind of emergency mess or something.
10. If you forget your ribbons, you can put it where you normally stretch your ribbons.
11. For a mask, if you have to put something over your face for a while.
12. A place for you to keep your knife hidden under.
13. A thing to make a rope out of with knots if you need to climb out of a garbage can if someone puts you in there.
14. A thing to use as a neck protector when they aren’t looking so they are confused when they can’t cut your head off with a table saw.
15. For a brace to keep your neck from getting hurt if someone puts you in a vise (like who would ever do that if they weren’t a maniac) but just in case.
16. A thing for you to use (if you have more than one of them, and they are black) to make a temporary Ninja Suit if you need one for Emergency Night Work or Emergency Night Missions.
17. A thing for you to use (if you have extra ones and they are black) to make a Ninja Rope out of with knots if you need to do climbing work during an Emergency Ninja Night Work or Emergency Ninja Night Mission.
18. For a temporary pillow if you are on a stakeout during a Night Mission.
19. For a temporary hammock if you are on a stakeout during a Night Mission.
20. For a blind where you can camp out if you are on a stakeout during a Night Mission.
21. A thing to use to build a trampoline out of if their windows are kind of high up and you need to see inside.
22. For making an Emergency Backpack if you are away from home and need to make an Emergency Ninja Kit (it can hold all your stuff).
23. A thing to use to make a swaddling blanket out of (if it is white) if you need to blend into a toy display or a cradle or a nursery or other place where you can blend in by looking like a doll or a baby.
24. A thing to use to make a catapult out of for when you need to get to the other side of a high fence or wall when you are on a Ninja Night Mission or doing Ninja Night Work. Or just for fun.
25. To wear for pjs.
26. To use as a temporary gas mask if they try to slow you down with gas when you are on a Ninja Night Mission or doing Ninja Night Work.
27. To use as a bag for carrying candy during Hallowe’en if you tie the arms and neck shut.
28. To use as a bag for carrying other things if you tie the arms and neck shut and it is NOT Hallowe’en.
29. To use as a bag for carrying other things if you tie the arms and neck shut and it IS Hallowe’en but the things are NOT candy.
30. To use as a blank canvas for self-expression if you make a T-shirt design and then put it on the blank canvas.
When I get my summer 2013 ds106zone T-shirt, I could probably use it for most of these things but I would not because it will also be special like my ds106radio T-shirt.
7. Giraffe necklace
8. Mouse house
9. Sweat towel
10. Non nudity
14. Team spirt
15. Dust mitt
17. Art project
18. Cat toy
19. Very small mattress cover
20. Very small table cloth
23. Giant socks
24. Fashion sense
25. Book mark
26. Picture frame
27. Dart board
28. Elephant trunk warmer
29. Sling shot
With thirty t-shirts and thirty people to either have the t-shirt on or the t-shirt off, you could count in binary from 00 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 to 11 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 (or in decimal from 0 to 1 073 741 824.
If everyone could change t-shirts (on or off) each minute, it would take over two thousand years to count this high. But that is the same number as one gigabyte of memory in your computer or phone or camera!
Rag to clean up spilled India ink
Window shade in the car
Headwrap to keep your hair from falling in your face
In place of cheesecloth for straining strawberries
Packing material during a move
Blinders for a nervous horse
Flag for a fort
Knotting into a rope for a dog
Advertisement for your favorite band
Jammies if it comes in xxL
Showing your love for DS106
Recycling to make carpet
A not so great airbag
A really terribly parachute
Pillow for long car rides
Showing your team affiliation
Napkin for spaghetti night
Dressing up your cat
Wearing with ripped up blue jeans and a pack of smokes in the sleeve
1. Wear it.
2. Print your corporate logo on it and sell it, thus get paid for advertising your product.
3. Wear it as a head covering.
4. Dish rag.
5. Wash the car with it.
6. Use it to help grip wet rotating plumbing connections.
7. Wipe your hands.
8. Tear it into strips and make a tail for your kite.
9. Stretch and frame it, so the printing on it becomes fine art.
10. Stretch and frame it, so you can paint it yourself.
11. Use it to fill in the gaps around your house, to prevent heat and a/c loss.
12. Sell it on eBay, claiming it is highly collectible and rare.
13. Make a book cover with it.
14. Make it into a beverage can holder.
15. Swat insects with it.
16. Run it up the flagpole. Use the right color for your mood: red flag of revolution, black flag of anarchy, white flag of surrender, etc.
17. Tie dye it and be a hippie. (it takes more than that, you know!)
18. Use it to protectively pack whatever you are shipping.
19. Strain any kind of liquids through it.
20. Undo all the threads, and knit yourself a t-shirt.
21. Shred it, and mix a bit into your hobo stews.
22. Make coffee filters.
23. Cover a window for privacy or block out too much light.
24. Put it on your golf clubs to help keep them clean.
25. Wipe your cars dipstick on it.
26. Burn it, put the ashes in a special container, and make an altar.
27. Make a parachute for a little green army guy.
28. Make a tent for the other little green army guys.
29. Cut ‘n’ sew it into a necktie.
30. Stretch it in front of your microphone as a pop filter when recording Drive-Bys or broadcasting on ds106radio.